The World Peace Forum Society seventh annual Teach In
Saturday Oct. 25, 2014 at SFU Harbour Centre- 515 West Hastings, Vancouver.
Register at the door starting at 8:30 am. The teach in will begin at 9:00.
Over the course of the day there will be three plenary sessions and three sets of smaller workshop sessions.
The plenary sessions will include-
- Deja vu – How WWI Is used to justify imperialism today – Ingo Schmidt
- Two Big Boys – NATO-The Cops of the World (Mahdi Nazemroaya)and
- CHINA-Number two and trying harder (Minqi Li)
- Fortune Telling – Thoughts on the coming years – Minqi Li, Marta
Harnecker, Mahdi Nazemroaya
Workshops – There are three series of four workshops occurring simultaneously and arranged thematically.
- China: Left or Right?
- NATO Pushes East – What does the Ukraine represent.
- Latin America – Alternative or Partner?
- South Africa – Neoliberalism with a Human Face?
- The Chinese Labour Movement Today – and a report back from the
BC Federation of Labour visit to China
- Euro- critics – Left AND Right
- Health, Housing and Education – Defending the right to live.
- Arab Spring – what season are we in?
- The Rise of the Working Class in China
- Fundamentalists of All Countries Unite – The Reappearance of
- Bolivarian Revolution and ALBA at 10 Years
- O Canada! Strategies for Change – A panel of activists from the
electoral and extra-electoral movements for social change.
For more info see www.peaceforumteachin.org